Sunday 29 September 2013

"Dad, I Want To Get Married"

Daughter: Dad, I want to get married.

Father: That is a good thing to wish for. What kind of man do you want?

Daughter: I want a life of luxury and ease. So, I would like a man who can help me achieve that life.

The father became worried by her words.

Father: Umm...I've never known you to be like this. I've never even seen you with a jewellery in your possession 
other than the ring your late mother left you, the same ring I married her with. If you were to sell it, the money 
you get won't be enough to buy you anything of value. Honestly my dear, I am surprised by your ambitions.

The daughter looked at the ring her father alluded to. She rubbed it gently with her left index finger. 

Daughter: Dad, the luxury I seek cannot be bought by gold or diamonds. The ease I wish for cannot be 
offered by any wealthy man.

Father: I don't understand.

Daughter: I seek the luxury of Jannah and the ease of being in the company of the Prophets. I seek the life of luxury
 and ease that Mum is enjoying right now insha Allah, because I see you as the kind of man who has helped her 
made it there. I am sure, she has helped you as well and you will be in her arms once again.

He couldn't hold his tears anymore.

Daughter: Dad?

Father: Yes, my dear?

Daughter: Is there a man out there who can offer me what you have offered Mum?

Father: I pray for a man who can offer you more. Much more.

They embraced each other tightly, in front of the grave of the wife and the mother who bonds them together.
credit

No comments:

Post a Comment